We’re taking a literary trip to Spain, and reading Lope de Vega’s Fuenteovejuna!
- The war of the sexes
- Things that Spanish Golden Age drama has in common with English renaissance drama (and things that they don’t have in common)
- Plays to get you feeling revolutionary
- Rousseau’s state of nature
- A tangent about audience etiquette.
- The wedding scene from Fiddler on the Roof
- Ladies who get in formation.
- At the end of the episode, Yolana mentions a production of Women Beware Women that you can see if you’re a listener somewhere near Halifax, NS. Details here.