This episode was recorded “live” from the Shakespeare Association of America Conference! (To learn more about what happened at the conference this year, check out all the posts with #ShakeAss16 on Twitter).
This episode also features the voice and the wisdom of a special guest expert: Dr. Cassie Ash!
- Authorship (Who is this Anon guy anyway, and how did he write so many plays?!)
- Petty Treason
- Cassie explains how tragedy works, by drawing a comparison to one of the greatest films of all time.
- A shout out to scholar and friend, Andy Kesson. We love his excellent research on the plays of the 1580s. Find out more here.
- The author’s interaction with historical sources.
- Huge thanks to Gary Taylor and Terri Borus for allowing us to talk about their SAA seminar on Arden of Faversham. Taylor and Borus have edited this play for the New Oxford Shakespeare edition of Shakespeare’s Complete Works, which will be published later this year.
- Mega shout-outs to all the theatre companies who have been staging Arden of Faversham. We love the being able to see it! You can watch a trailer of the RSC production here; it really captures the tone. Here are links where you can read more about Brave Spirits’ Production (Washington, D.C.), and about Villain’s Theatre’s production (Halifax, Nova Scotia).