This episode is about Middleton’s Women Beware Women. For more Middleton (and Rowley) check out our previous episode about The Changeling.
- How you feel when a Duke looks right at you.
- John Jowett’s wonderful introduction to the play in the Oxford University Press complete Middleton.
- Using “the monument” as a euphemism for penis.
- Chess. Obviously.
- Also: what has Sir Ian McKellen has been up to lately?! Take a look at this article from The Telegraph. (#Shakespeare400)
- Finally, we chat about the recent archeological findings at the excavation of the Curtain theatre. Read the original press release from MOLA, and check out Dr. Liz Oakley-Brown’s blog post at the Before Shakespeare Project.