The podcast is back! Sorry there was no episode in June, Yoli was travelling and didn’t pack her microphone. We’re making it up to you by discussing a delightfully adorable play: John Lyly’s Galatea (c. 1584).
- The amazing workshop that the Before Shakespeare Project is doing in August.
- A fantastic production at the King Edward VI School in 2014. You can read Pete Kirwan’s review here.
- An essay by John Wixon: “Cross-Dressing and John Lyly’s Gallahea” (Studies in English Literature, 1500-1900. Vol 41, No 2 (Spring 2001). pp 241-256).
- Reasons why Hebe is the best character in the play.
- Psychotic Neptune
- Why we would cast Judy Greer as Hebe in our imaginary film adaptation.